Five main axes of engagement would tie the Cohort together.
- Work: Missioners would be given light administrative positions commiserate with gifts and experience.
- Incarnational ministry: The Missioners participate in hands-on ministry alongside others.
- Training: All involved would receive training and accompaniment both locally and through visits to other countries and with key leaders in the region.
- Education: The possibility of formal education through a set of different educational institutions would also be available. This includes a Masters in Urban Ministry.
- Spiritual Formation: Under both Southern and ‘Northern’ culturally linked mentors members of the cohort would participate in mutual spiritual formation.