Number of Positions: 1-3
Expected length of service: 1 year
Costs associated with the Cohort: Approximately $10,000 for one year
Purpose: To support Honduran churches, leaders, and organizations in engaging the communities around them.
As part of the Cohort of Missioners, participants will have the opportunity to engage in direct service, a spiritual formation process, and a theological perspectives training.
Background on Ministry Partner:
2. Diaconia Nacional: two priorities – training of trainers for Christian Education, and the development of Youth Clubs through out the church community
3. ASJ: partnership with the Projecto Gedeon, specifically in Impact Clubs, and Healthy Family Initiative
- Live in an intentional community of spiritual study and prayers
- Engage with locals in the community in conversations, and work with local churches or schools seeking to engage through youth events and community development opportunities
- Travel to other regions (Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and El Salvador) to visit and learn from other mission cohorts
- Carry bilingual conversations, take public transportation, and navigate alone in an urban setting
- Spanish language skills are preferred, however, could be included in initial studies
- Ability to work independently and engage with locals is imperative.
- Possess a strong desire to engage with Honduran leaders and community members on a personal level and develop positive working relationships
- Openness to learning a new culture and eating a staple diet of rice and beans
Note: Additional costs include vaccinations, medical and travel insurance. Fundraising assistance is provided, and ministry-related expenses are tax-deductible.