Guatemala (Centro para Misión Transformadora):
Location: Guatemala City, Guatemala
Number of Positions: 1-2
Cohort length: One year minimum
Costs associated with the Cohort: Approximately $10,000 for one year
Purpose: To support Guatemalan local ministries in engaging the communities around them.
As part of the Cohort of Missioners, participants will have the opportunity to engage in direct service, a spiritual formation process, and a theological perspectives training.
Background on Ministry Partner: Mission: To provide incarnational training, inspiration and organizational structure towards transformational collective impact in urban contexts. Vision: People and organizations working together for a city where wounds are transformed into joy and hope.
- Engage in 30 hours of direct service
- Interact with learners and assist with providing theological training and cultivating spiritual formation in the lives of young leaders
- Live in an intentional community, sharing the experience alongside others
- Converse with and build relationships with Spanish-speakers
- Spanish fluency or basic knowledge of the language and openness to learn
- Desire to learn from and join the young leaders from Guatemala in their spiritual development process
- Previous experience in any of the following areas is helpful: working with marginalized communities, advocacy, community development, grassroots leaders mobilization, and civic movements
- Willingness to keep a journal for personal reflection and share personal growth
- Open to learning new culture and eating a staple diet of rice and beans
Note: Additional costs include vaccinations, medical and travel insurance, personal funds, etc. Fundraising assistance is provided, and ministry-related expenses are tax-deductible.